EZView v1.03 A shareware image
Welcome to EZView, A shareware
image viewer application which supports the bmp/dib, gif, tiff, exif, png, jpeg,
wmf, emf and ico image
I have seem numerous
image viewers but none of them provided exactly what I wanted. For such a simple requirement some of the
viewer programs I have used were overly complicated or had special requirements.
What I wanted was a nice
flexible program, small in size, unobtrusive and easy to use. So with that in mind here is
a list of EZView features:
- The size of EZView.exe itself is
less than 100k meaning the program loads up quickly and impacts system performance
as little as possible.
- Slideshow support is provided
with every image in a directory being displayed one by one.
- The most common image formats
e.g. bmp, jpeg, tiff, png and gif are supported. Some programs try to support every
file format under the sun with support for formats which you are very
unlikely to meet in day to day use.
- Full - screen mode is provided
allowing you to preview the image without having other windows interfering.
- Simple zoom functionality is
zip file contains the EZView exe and help file.
is shareware and this trial version
is fully functional except for the NAG screens. This means that you are free to evaluate
and use it for up to 30 days. After this period if you are still using EZView then you
should register EZView with the author.
You can register directly with
the author via normal post. Note that I cannot directly accept credit cards. If
you wish to use a credit card, then let me know and I will setup online
registration for EZView. The
cost via snail mail is $10.00. Remember to include your email address in your
letter so that I can quickly confirm receipt of your registration. To register
directly with me, you can send a cheque (made payable to PJ Naughter), cash or
international money order to:
Upon receiving the payment I will send you instructions on how to
unlock the program.
V1.01 (2 October 2000)
- New icon for the Open
Directories toolbar item.
- Added a Ctrl+B accelerator for
V1.02 (23 January 2002)
- Now uses GDI+ to perform the loading and rendering of
images. See installation requirements for changes this means. Moving to GDI+
also means that a number of new image file formats are supported.
- Fixed a crash which was occuring when do a slideshow of
a directory. Now uses an updated version of the Authors sorted array class.
- Fixed an assert which was occuring when a file was
- Application is now build with latest version of Visual
- Updated copyright messages.
V1.03 (27 June 2004)
- Now uses v1.29 of my DDXFolder class.
- Now uses v1.12 of my CHKLM class.
- Now uses v1.24 of my CHLinkCtrl class.
- Now includes XP manifest support.
- Slide show interval is now tweakable via a new
- Prompts to move to first or last picture in a directory
can now be controlled via the new "Options" dialog.
- Now includes full support for extended keyboard buttons
(e.g. Play Pause, Prev, Next etc). This is achieved thro handling of
- Now includes an option to hide the cursor when view is
- Background color for full screen mode is now
- Filename can now be displayed in full screen.
- Text color for full screen mode is now configurable.
- Confirmation on Deletion of files can now be
- Now supports moving to a random image in the current
15 September 2004
- Updated instructions on downloading gdiplus.dll into
EZView application directory.
- Version of gdiplus.dll which is available at
www.naughter.com/download/gdiplus.zip is the version released in September
2004 from MS which does not contain the GDI+ buffer overflow problem.